Thursday, January 22, 2009

And the Award Goes Too...Me!







There are some real courageous and resourceful people out there. Mother Teresa changed the world with her tenderness. Gandhi led a revolution with no violence. Men and women have trudged through the snow with rags wrapped around their feet in order to stand up for what they believe in. I would like to nominate myself as a person of courage for not completely losing it while living in a small rental, in the winter with my five sons. Yes, that's right I nominate me. Obviously I am being a bit fecesious here, but go with me will you? The children are clearly losing it as well. Issac became so annoyed with me that he dropped (threw?) a tinker toy can at my toe punching a hole in my toe nail (you wouldn't think what would hurt, but it does). Jamen is so fed up with school that I have a really hard time getting him out the door and yesterday he slammed my finger in the door (on accident) coming in again, though he was supposed to have left for school 20 minutes earlier. In an effort to stand up for the rights of mothers everywhere I have evicted my children's toys from my living room! That's right, I have a dream. I have a dream that I can walk through my living room and not get an army guy stuck in my toes! I sent all the toys to the room that they will now share with the baby. Let's face it he was the only one getting his own room around here and that just isn't equality now is it? So today they have every toy in our house on the floor of a room that I can't see! I am pretending like the house is clean everwhere. So today I nominate myself for a woman of courage and resourcefulness. I am sure that you will agree. Now there may be some argument on weather or not I have lost it and so therefore may not qulify for my award, but let me tell you...I am perfectly normal...REALLY!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll sign that petition!

EE said...

You are so inspiring! "Heather, you just won the Award, what will you do next?" I love you, you make me laugh.

Piper said...

Maybe it's because I am studying Victorian Literature and my Professor is putting a strong emphasis on the roles of women, and being stifled in domesticity... but all I have to say is... IT IS AMAZING TO ME THAT YOU CAN SURVIVE! If anyone deserves an award it is you.

darl_jo said...

anyone making it out alive in that tiny rental (ok - not really tiny unless you have 5 boys) deserves a HUGE mother of the year award. ONly a few more months before you move... it's within tasting distance now

The Peterson Press said...

You are so funny!! I agree you need some kind of award. You can do it girl!!! Not much longer until you are in your awesome house!

Perla said...

good job on giving yourself an award. we need to do that much more often. whatever it takes. :)

Tevita and Jodi said...

I'll nominate you but I think we should do the celebrating together! Love ya and I hope your weekend was FANTASTIC!!!