Saturday, August 9, 2008

Alas Babylon


My posts often have to do with what I have been reading lately...I just finished Alas Baylon....I couldn't put it down and for days I had the "what if this is the end" every time something "endish" happened. A crazy storm had me convinced that the end was here! While I think it's probably safe to assume the end isn't going to be today I am grateful to re reflect on the importance of being prepared. It made me inventory my food storage, think about what might really be important in time of emergency and give my husband the go ahead to do the 72 hour kits the way he has been wanting to for a long time. I also feel so grateful to be part of a church that keeps reminding us to be prepared, to be ready...I don't know that I am ready, but I am trying and I hope it can be said when that time comes that my kids aren't starving before my eyes because I was to busy to do what I was told to do...I wonder if I need to plan for a year supply of brownies, heaven knows I will need them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas Babylon had the same effect on me. It goes away though and then I need the reminders to help me out of my complacency. If you don't have enough to organize at your place, you can come figure out my food storage....