Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Goodbye To Summer




Usually I am counting the minutes for summer to come to an end. It just has never been my favorite time of year. This year I gained a new appreciation for summer. Settling into life in the country has caused me to appreciate mud, water, gardens, yard work, schedule free days and popsicles. The boys have bloomed under the country sun and while I hesitate to say it out loud seem to be doing better than ever. Now we are a little over a week into the school year which means fall to me. I can't say I don't love all that is school. I love backpacks, packing lunches, homework, reading, well all of it really....I also have the honor of teaching Kyle this year and I feel as if I have learned more already than much of my years of schools combined. I look forward to cooler weather and having my husband return from the construction work black hole. But, I say a fond farewell to my summer in the country and look forward to many more.

5 comments:

Perla said...

great post. it always makes me feel a bit melancholy to say goodbye to summer, but i love the fall so much, that it can't be bad!

and look at those berries! my heavens, girl!

Scott & Jennifer said...

I love the country life! Southern Utah country life! Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my adventure out here in Louisiana, but there is NO PLACE like home!

I love ya sweetie!!!

Jess said...

I wish I could live next door to you. I am tired of being in the city. I am a country girl all the way.

Amy B. said...

Those berries....yummmmmm! Your kids are so cute and I have so much respect for you and your adoption...what a woman! I am a big adoption advocate also and I couldn't be more pleased with what you have done for your baby!!!

Amy B. said...

How did you adopt your little man? E-mail me...bartonfamilyco@msn.com...thanks