Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Forever Is Not Long Enough


Warning: This e-mail will make you throw up if you are my 13 year old son or the kind of person who doesn't do mushy... There are lots of ways that I know that God loves me. He has blessed me so abundantly that I could start counting my blessings and continue on into infinity. However, there is something that He has done for me so magnificent that it makes me want to recite poetry...He gave me my husband. It's been nearly 20 years and everyday I love him more than the day before. Don't get me wrong we know how to fight like nobody's business, two passionate people sharing a life together means a little of that I am afraid. But, as time goes on we spend little time fighting and lots of time grossing our children out. He makes everyday worth getting up for and there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other.

We have some guests staying with us for a few days. Their names are Sparky and Sophie and they are our friends mules. They are "mowing" our field. The boys were "helping" Lyndon move the gates and keeping track of the mules when one of them got free. Our neighbors have horses and were out so all of us were standing perimeter calmly trying to get him returned safely. My neighbor who is your all time cowboy jumped on his horse with his lasso to help out. Lots of tries later the mule was still out and at this point kicking at our neighbor trying to get him to go away. He got behind a fence and we were a little concerned since he was out of the cul-de-sac. Lyndon got behind the fence and just stood there looking at the mule. Within a minute the mule walked toward him and let him get his rope. Smart mule. Even animals know when they are in good hands...sigh...forever is not long enough with this man. Though my husband would enjoy the lyrics to a Motley Crue song much more than the poem I am including below, I include it anyway since it has always touched me and seemed so true of our life time love. Sorry Kyle, feel free to commence throwing up now! Lyndon, I love you baby.

My True love hath my heart, and I have his,
By just exchange one for another given:
I hold his dear. and mine he cannot miss,
There never was a better bargain driven:
My true love hath my heart, and I have his.

His heart in me keeps him and me in one,
My heart in him his thoughts and senses guides:
He loves my heart, for once it was his own,
I cherish his because in me it bides:
My true love hath my heart, and I have his.
Sir Phillip Sydeny

1 comment:

Perla said...

life feels so safe when good people are so in love. i've been enjoying catching up on some blog posts. you're a gifted writer.