Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Dillema-Balance!


I have been thinking a lot the last few days about balance. I believe that our lives should have it. I believe in moderation in all things...I also believe the following things should be a part of my life (just to name a few): I believe my home should have order, our clothes should be cleaned, nutritious meals and snacks are a must, scripture study, temple attendance, visiting teaching, reading (to children, with children, by yourself to learn, for fun, etc.), exercise (this includes yoga, aerobics, kick boxing, strength training and mostly running-and more running), family relationships should be built (including one one one dates with children, dates with husband and great family time), we should be learning all of the time (including music, art, literature, math, gospel study, science, history and to many more for space to allow), I think I should have a garden and can what I eat, I believe I should be prepared and my food storage should be up to snuff, I love to scrapbook and think it is a good way to preserve the history of my family, I think we should have time to rest and relax, I think bread should be homemade, my yard should be neat, I should vacumn and wash my car, I think we should play games, work, laugh and love as a family, I think I should contribute to saving the world (especially serving in Haiti), I should take treats to neighbors, and babysit for those who need it, I also think I shouldn't be to involved in my list that I am not available for my kids and dear husband, I should keep a journal, and spend time hugging each of my family members, I should go to lunch with my mom and sister, be a good friend to my friends, talk politics with my dad and travel with my family, It is crucial that I bathe my kids (the baby about three times a day).....Oh I am really just getting started, but here are a few things that are on my mind. Looking at this list I think maybe I should just take a nap! Now for the upbeat hopeful part of this entry. The boys and I have been memorizing the following thought for our morning devotional (that's another thing I think is important)-I can't do everything, everywhere for everyone-but I can do something, somewhere for someone....right now I need to go help put Jamen in time out and make lunch for the kids....yep, I believe in balance-maybe I should give up sleep...

1 comment:

Perla said...

Oh i love this post and I'm so glad you ended on a positive note! I love that saying. How do you do your morning devotional? I also love the photo. Who made those cool things for you? Kyle? Its good to have lists so that we can let them rest on paper and not think about them anymore. Haha. just kidding. you are awesome.