Friday, March 21, 2008

One Of A Kind




I just have to take a minute and talk about this one of a kind almost seven year old son of mine. Lyndon has been trying to rally the troops to help clean up the backyard and there has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth (thanks Shannon for the perfect way to describe what is happening here). Jamen wasn't home when it all started, so when he walked through the door and asked what dad was doing I told him he was cleaning up outside. In typical Jamen fashion he yells (he yells everything), "OOOH can I help?" Ummmmm....let me think about it-yeah! What a treat it is to be his mom. This is my boy who high fives the bishopric after yelling his testimony into the microphone, gives knuckles to everyone he sees and wants to go to Disnelyand because, "I bet there are a lot of people there and I want to talk to all of em'." Last year I told him he could invite 6 friends to his 6th birthday at the swimming pool-23 guests made it (apparently the 80 year old guy from the produce aisle couldn't make it). He yells from everywhere in the house "MOM!!!" Sounding so urgent. "What?" I shout back. "I love you!!!!" he yells with gusto. What would I do without you my little Jamenator?

3 comments:

Perla said...

thanks for letting me get to know jamen a little bit! i like the new look of the blog, too.

Scott & Jennifer said...

Man that kid makes me laugh!! All of your boys are sooo different and wonderful to be around, I love them all so much. You've been greatly blessed.

Love Ya sweetie!

Lisa said...

What a sweetheart he is! I'm sad I've never been around your cute boys to get to know them!